While COVID-19 has put a strain on most employers and hiring managers, there’s some good news for job seekers looking for temporary or full-time career opportunities in 2021.
If you already live in Texas – or are willing to relocate to one of the many business centers throughout the state – there are real opportunities for today’s job hunters. According to a recent study, the Lone Star State has been named one of the best places for job seekers.
As of 2020, Texas has seen the highest rate of employment growth in the past 10 years versus any state of the country. In the past 10 years, employment has grown at over 20 percent – and most recently, employment growth has topped out at nearly 10 percent.
Need more proof? Last year, FORTUNE, together with workplace culture authority Great Place to Work, named 80 “Best Workplaces in Texas” for 2020 in its annual ranking. The list, published last March, includes 50 large companies and 30 small – to medium-sized companies.
So before you grab your Stetson hat and start to saddle up for that job search, here are 8 reasons why Texas is a great place to advance your career:
Why You Should Consider Working in Texas
- Texas is home to many Fortune 500 companies in the technology, health care, construction, retail, finance, leisure, and hospitality industries.
- The Texas unemployment rate continues to be below the national average. In fact, it’s home to several cities with job markets ranked in the top 10 in the United States.
- The job market has been growing year-after-year with several big companies coming in, such as Cisco – helping to add thousands of new jobs to the area.
- Technology jobs, including research, cloud computing, engineering, support, and information and systems managers, are plentiful – with a lot of room for growth and career expansion in these fields.
- Health care is perhaps one of the fastest-growing and most promising fields in Texas right now. Nurse practitioner jobs are expected to grow as much as 25% in the next four years.
- According to Forbes, Dallas has seen explosive growth in nearly every sector of the job market. The region has experienced major gains in fields such as professional and business services, construction, energy, information, finance, oil and gas, finance, manufacturing, and aerospace. All of which make Dallas one of the top 10 job markets in the United States.
- Austin is the state capital and self-proclaimed “Live Music Capital of the World.” It’s also ranked the number one labor market in America by The Wall Street Journal. The city has been referred to as the “Silicon Hills” in reference to a large number of tech giants based in this central Texas city. If you’re looking for a technology-based career, there are a wide variety of companies to investigate.
- Taxes are low – Texas is one of a handful of states with no income tax – individual or corporate. The state also has one of the lowest gas tax rates in the country.
Looking for a New Job In Texas? We Can Help!
With a deep knowledge of the Texas employment market, Lanmark Staffing offers over 40 years of combined human resources, recruiting, temporary placement, sales and management, and temp-to-hire services. Visit our website and learn how our team of experienced professionals can help you find a great career position in 2021!